The Latin word “convenire” means “gathering.” At Bar Convent Brooklyn, people from all over the world will gather to celebrate bar culture, connect with peers, and learn the latest topics and trends in the industry.
You must be 21 and over to attend Bar Convent Brooklyn and proper ID is required to gain entry. Anyone under 21 will not be permitted on the premises.
Registration is currently closed for Bar Convent Brooklyn. To sign up for our newsletter, click here >>
The health and safety of this community continue to be our top priorities. BCB and Reed Exhibitions are working diligently alongside the Brooklyn Expo Center and state and local officials to implement protocols and best practices around COVID-19 response and prevention. We will continue to follow guidelines and best practices to ensure we’re going above and beyond to protect the safety of all attendees, exhibitors, and staff members. You can learn more about our current safety measures by reading the comprehensive Reed Exhibitions Health & Safety Strategy.
BCB will continue to closely monitor the impact and regulations surrounding COVID-19, and share frequent updates about our plans accordingly. If guidance from the entities above precludes us from hosting an in-person event safely, we will explore alternative formats in which to learn, connect, and share resources. We will communicate any such changes promptly.
Throughout the year, Bar Convent Brooklyn hosts complimentary educational, informational, and entertaining resources on the Infused365 virtual platform.
If we are unable to meet in person in August, we will move to explore additional digital opportunities for 2021. Be sure to follow BCB on social media and sign up for the newsletter to be alerted when fresh content is announced.
Programming for in-person and virtual education is curated by an Education Selection Committee. The Committee includes the Bar Convent Global Education Director and a yearly rotating collective of industry experts representing diverse backgrounds to ensure that multiple voices and points of view contribute to the development of programming across the BCB platform.
The 2021 Education Selection Committee is currently being assembled. Once finalized, a call for presentations will invite individuals across the bar & beverage industry to submit session proposals. The Committee will then collectively review, select, and announce the 2021 education lineup.
To be alerted when the submission process opens, sign up for the BCB newsletter.
Attendee badges for BCB will not be mailed in advance. All badges will be distributed onsite upon entry to the Brooklyn Expo Center.
Your attendee badge gives you access to all education sessions, however, the sessions are first-come, first-serve. Be sure to arrive early to any sessions you would like to attend.
BCB provides you with two planning tools that can be synced or used individually to help you get the most out of your show experience. My Show, your online planning tool, allows you to search and save exhibitors and products, view your exhibitor recommendations, discover show specials and more!
You can access all of the exhibitor information you'll need on the Exhibitor Resources page.
Reed Exhibitions and Bar Convent Brooklyn (BCB) strive to create and maintain an environment where all people are treated with dignity, decency and respect. Learn more here.
BCB and the Brooklyn Expo Center are committed to creating a healthy and safe environment to do business, you can learn more about the comprehensive guide on our safety measures here >>
The safety and security of our staff, exhibitors and attendees is our priority. We work closely with the venue, corporate security, state, local and federal law enforcement authorities to identify risks, assess them and develop security plans for our events.
We have established a security room at our shows to ensure effective communication and response.
Everyone attending the Show should be aware of the following security measures:
- Security will be onsite at all times to assist you during all aspects of the Show
- Everyone must wear their Show badge at all times. This includes exhibitors, vendors, attendees, guests (speakers, talent, artists), professionals, press, staff, and crew.
- A fully operational security team following our vetted procedures is in place at the Show
- Bag checks may occur at the Show
- Walkthrough or hand held scanners may be used at the Show
- Any CCTV in operation at the Show is monitored and recorded
- Uniformed and undercover security may be in attendance at the Show
- Uniformed and undercover Police may be in attendance at the Show
- Canine Security and Detection may be used in or around the Show
- Keep personal property with you at all times and do not leave any items unattended
- If you see something, say something. Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or out of place to Show staff or security immediately
- Remain patient and courteous during security checks and follow the instructions of Show staff and security at all times
- Properly dispose of your Show badge inside the venue or keep it as a souvenir – please do not sell it to scalpers or throw it away in trash cans outside the venue where it could be picked up
- Carry a valid form of photo ID at all times
If you have additional questions not listed above, please contact Customer Service at +1 800-346-8372 or (203)-840-5618 or by email at Contact Customer Service.